2 and 3 day courses
- These 2 and 3 day courses start on a Saturday (for the 2 Day) and Friday (for the 3 day)
- They run from 10am to 4pm. We provide light refreshments but please bring your own lunch with you.
- Cost for the 2 day-course is £220 plus materials used. 3 students
- Dates 2020; 25 - 26 January, 18 - 19 April, 23 - 24 May, 25 - 26 July
- Cost for the 3 day-course is £340 plus materials used. 3 students
- Dates 2020: 3 - 5 April, 12 - 14 June
- Following are some suggestions as to suitable projects for 2 or 3 days. You can, of course continue a larger project over 2 or more courses. Very large, or multiple projects are better undertaken on the long weekend courses.
There are lots of wonderful designs of cushions and they make very good projects for practicing sewing techniques eg. zips, button holes, piping, calculating for contrasting panels to name just a few.
Bring along with you a selection of fabrics that you can make up into more than one style of cushion and one or two cushion pads, if you have them. You are most welcome to bring along your own sewing machine
Curtains and other Window Dressings
It is possible to make a small pair of lined curtains. If we can we will look at pattern matching, calculating fabric quantities, different types of headings, hand and machine sewing techniques. It is a good idea to bring your own sewing machine. Other projects could include a small pelmet, valance, bedspread etc. Bring enough fabric for your project and do ring if you would like Angie to calculate the fabric quantities or you a unsure whether your project is suitable.
We will look at both traditional and modern upholstery techniques and their uses. Bring with you a small project, eg. drop in seat, small recovering projects, ottoman style box, headboard for bed, I suggest you ring when you book to check the suitability of your chosen project, or you can make up a "coffee table" style footstool from one of our frames, the cost of these are additional to the course fee. You will need sufficient fabric to cover your project, all other materials we stock and will charged for as you use them.