Courses - Day Classes
- These one day classes are all on a Saturday.
- Number on course 3. They run from 10am to 4pm. We provide light refreshments but please bring your own lunch with you.
- Cost for the day is £95 plus materials used
- Dates 2017: 25 March, 22 April, 10 June, 29 July, 23 September, 2 December
- Following are some suggestions as to suitable projects for a six hour day. You can, of course continue a larger project over 2 or more day classes. Very large, or multiple projects are better undertaken on one of the long weekend courses.
There are lots of wonderful designs of cushions and they make very good projects for practicing sewing techniques eg. zips, button holes, piping, calculating for contrasting panels to name just a few.
Bring along with you a selection of fabrics that you can make up into more than one style of cushion and one or two cushion pads, if you have them. You are most welcome to bring along your own sewing machine
Curtains and other Window Dressings
It is possible to make a small lined curtain in a six hour day. If we can we will look at pattern matching, calculating fabric quantities, different types of headings, hand and machine sewing techniques. It is a good idea to bring your own sewing machine. Other projects could include a small pelmet, valance, bedspread etc. Bring enough fabric for your project and do ring if you would like Angie to calculate the fabric quantities or you a unsure whether your project is suitable.
Simple Roman Blind
During the day we will calculate and make up a lined roman blind for a window of your choice. Please bring with you sufficient fabric for the blind. All other materials are stocked and will be charged for as used.
Small, simple loose cover projects for a dining chair or footstool.
We will look at both traditional and modern upholstery techniques and their uses. Bring with you a small project, eg. drop in seat, small recovering projects, ottoman style box, headboard for bed, I suggest you ring when you book to check the suitability of your chosen project, or you can make up a "coffee table" style footstool from one of our frames, the cost of these are additional to the course fee. You will need sufficient fabric to cover your project, all other materials we stock and will charged for as you use them.